Oh, beer! In the heat of Oktoberfest 2017, we’re ready to say Auf Wiedersehen to the long summer heat and grab an ice cold beer. As we’ve made it halfway through the world’s largest Volksfest, it’s time to have a small break and appreciate its history as well as a cool collection of selected free Oktoberfest graphics.
Oktoberfest is the world’s largest beer festival held in Munich, Germany, every year. Depending on which October its first Sunday falls on, the celebration runs sixteen to eighteen days.
The festival has been an important part of the culture of Bavaria since 1810 when on October the 12th future King Ludwig married Princess Therese of Saxe- Hildburghausen. The royal wedding was held on the fields in front of the city gates and it was open to all the citizens of Munich. Those same fields were later named Theresienwiese, from German “Theresa’s Meadow“, in honor of the Princess and thus the locals often refer to Oktoberfest as Wiesn (meadows).
Fun facts about Oktoberfest
- Oktoberfest allows only beer brewed in Munich for two main reasons. First, the fest honors Bavarian traditions and, second, Munich beer is of extremely high quality and purity. Only water, hops and barley are included in the beer brewing process.
- Most of Oktoberfest is held in September mainly because of the warmer weather. This attracts more visitors and lets the fun continue throughout the nights.
- Apparently, Adidas isn’t backing up just the Slavic population, as the company released and completely sold out a limited edition Oktoberfest sneakers.Every pair is vomit- proof and sports a “Prost” (Cheers) label on the side.
- On the first day of Oktoberfest, at noon, the Mayor taps the first beer keg to kick off the event. Nobody is allowed to raise their mug before prior the gesture.
- The Oktoberfest beer record was hit in 2011 when jolly visitors drank 7.5 million liters.
- Around 700 people suffer alcohol poisoning each Oktoberfest.
- The entry to the Wiesn is free of charge.
- The beer- drinking age in Germany is 16.
Oktoberfest Cartoon Characters
Whether you’re in Munich right now or stuck in the office thinking of that cold beer you’re going to enjoy after work, we got your back. In GraphicMama, we selected a fresh colorful collection of free Oktoberfest graphics for your inspiration.
Each thumbnail opens a new tab in your browser to direct you to the source page where you can easily download the designs for free.
Let’s start with some pleasantly tipsy German cartoon characters to get you in the Oktoberfest mood. The first two work best a set since they were crafted in the same style. Both cheerful fellas are so impatient to take a sip of their mug and are perfect for any German or beer related design.
Here are more celebrating Oktoberfest characters with great design. They have been made in different styles, but with one thing in common- each graphics would make a splendid logo or a poster.
Oktoberfest Beer Zone Designs
We follow the Oktoberfest characters with some killer Beer Zone designs that focus on that delicious cold beer we were talking about earlier.
Last, but not the least, more free Oktoberfest graphics of elements and symbols related to the festival… or to everyone’s thirst.
We hope you’ve enjoyed this free Oktoberfest graphics collection.
In the meantime, grab that beer. Prost!
“Beer, it’s the best damn drink in the world.”
The post Free Oktoberfest Graphics Collection to Make You See Double appeared first on GraphicMama Blog.