Graphic designers often build careers on their ideas, talent and publications, which at times carry more weight than academic qualifications. In spite of that, most of them complete their higher national diploma, associate degree or a bachelor's degree in graphic designing or a similar subject.
Employers prefer designers who are familiar with designing software, but also possessing the ability to work away from the computer to produce ideas that appeal to employers. If you have a diverse portfolio with your best projects and ideas, it will demonstrate your artistic abilities, innovative style and unique vision.
A starting salary for a designer can be approximately £ 15,000 per year, which can go up for senior positions up to £ 20,000 to £ 30,000. Few highly experienced and very successful graphic designers can get £ 50,000 or more as creative directors.
A designer can work in-house or as a freelancers for the usual number of office hours. Salons can vary based on where you live or work, while more jobs and larger salons are based in the larger cities, particularly in London.
As designer may perform some or most of the following tasks:
· Learn about the client's company and products, the competition and the market
· Develop and refine design briefs
· Interpret goals and resolve issues through visuals
· Develop and present design ideas in the form of sketches, boards and visuals
· Understanding production methods for digital and print media
· Understand the cost and characteristics of various materials
· Collaborate with other team members including photographers, copywriters and printing personnel
· Liaise with internal stakeholders such as creative managers, account managers and other designers
· Work on strategic levels with various clients
· Manage budgeting and scheduling issues for various projects
A designer must essentially have strong and effective communication skills. The specific goals of the visual communications are based on the client's brief and are likely to be inflexibly commercial. These could be based on increasing sales or setting artistic perceptions. Effective graphic designing can achieve both commercial and aesthetic goals.
One of the most important skills for you to develop as a designer is the ability to communicate effectively with clients, understanding their requirements and business goals and interpreting the specific objectives with unique creativity.
You can acquire additional training such as postgraduate degree with specialization in various aspects of designing. These could be digital animation, branding, graphics, visual media or industrial designing.
You can benefit from ongoing professional training in specific areas of graphic designing activities at specific organizations all of which will lead to a successful career in the industry and ultimately leading to a top job in a leading graphic design company in Dubai .